Total Page Views

Thursday, October 1, 2026

truth vs vanity

MOST SEEK MONEY, IMAGE, & OUTWARD SHOW ABOVE TRUTH!

We live in a world that constantly teaches people to focus on what can be seen: money, possessions, appearance, popularity, success, status, and recognition.

But God does not judge by the outward appearance.

“For man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.” — 1 Samuel 16:7

A person can look successful while being empty inside. A person can appear religious while being far from God. A person can have wealth, possessions, popularity, and a great reputation before men, while the reality of the heart is completely different.

Jesus warned about this very thing:

“Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.” — Matthew 23:25

The outside can look clean while the inside is the real problem.

Money itself is not the problem. The Bible warns about the love of money:

“For the love of money is the root of all evil…” — 1 Timothy 6:10

The danger comes when money, image, status, or recognition becomes more important than truth.

Jesus said:

“Ye cannot serve God and mammon.” — Matthew 6:24

The world says, “Look at me. Look what I have. Look how successful I am.”

But God's Word brings us back to the heart.

“Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts…” — Psalm 51:6

In the last days, Paul warned that men would be:

“lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud…” — 2 Timothy 3:2

That describes a world increasingly focused on self, possessions, pride, recognition, and outward appearance.

Jesus also warned against doing things simply “to be seen of men” (Matthew 6:1).

So the question is not merely:

How do I look to other people?

The question is:

What is true before God?

Not, “What do people think I am?”

But, “What does God know that I am?”

Not, “How impressive is my life?”

But, “Am I walking in truth?”

Not, “How much attention can I get?”

But, “Am I seeking God's approval rather than the praise of men?”

An image eventually fades.

Money is eventually left behind.

Possessions eventually belong to someone else.

Popularity eventually disappears.

But truth remains.

“The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.” — Isaiah 40:8

Jesus Christ said:

“I am the way, the truth, and the life…” — John 14:6

Don't spend your life building an image that hides the truth.

Walk in the truth that doesn't need an image.

Because when the outward show is gone, when the money is gone, when the possessions are gone, when the reputation is gone, and nobody else is watching—

God still sees.

“For man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.” — 1 Samuel 16:7

#Truth #BibleTeaching #KJV #JesusChrist #Christianity #LastDays #Faith #Bible #GodsWord #KJVOnly

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments approved that are respectful.

MOST POPULAR POST